Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Patience is a virtue, and one that I have not mastered.

I'm back and feeling a little overwhelmed, but excited. I thought the trip was successful and well worth our time, as we got to check out interesting products, see what was missing, and mull over the direction we want to take. Like I said before I left, we were bombarded with about a million ideas, so now comes the hard part; making sense of it all! It's hard for me not to go and act on all the things we talked about, but instead- research, weigh our options, and see if it fits into our plan. On that note, thanks to my sister for passing this quote along!
"Beware of undertaking too much at the start. Be content with quite a little. Allow for accidents. Allow for human nature, especially your own." - Arnold Barnett

My favorite part of the trade shows was meeting the creators of small companies who were doing really creative things. It's funny how that works, but I'm always drawn to smaller companies; they are more likely to take risks and do things a little differently. And I like knowing the person and the story behind the product.

No comments: